We're the life of your next party.
If you need to change the date of your show due to circumstances that are outside of your control, your state co-ordinator will attempt to accommodate your date change subject to availability of our performers (See 3: Change of Date).
In the event that you need to cancel your event, any and all fees paid up until the time of cancellation are non-refundable.
CHANGE OF DATE
Notice of your intent to change the date of your event MUST be given in writing by emailing your state co-ordinator or Georgia at firstname.lastname@example.org to be valid.
If no one is notified that a date change is required within four (4) weeks of your scheduled show date, we reserve the right to charge a rescheduling fee to secure your new preferred date.
The rescheduling fee is equal to 50% of your deposit amount, plus GST.
If we are not advised of a new date within six months of the above mentioned written notice of the earlier date being postponed, your file will automatically be closed and your event deemed cancelled, and any fees paid will be forfeited.
WA GAMING REGULATION COMPLIANCE
- The legislation that governs gaming (including Bingo) in Western Australia is the Gaming and Wagering Commission Act 1987. Section 107 and 109 allow for ‘permitted gaming/amusements’ (no permit required), IF the activity is not conducted for the purposes of private gain or of a commercial undertaking AND the permitted gaming is not the only substantial inducement to attend the event AND the total aggregate value of the prizes awarded is less than $200.
- In simple terms, in order to ensure you don’t require a permit, you need to follow the below rules, and by agreeing to host Bogan Bingo you are agreeing to these rules:
- You cannot sell Bingo cards, only entry tickets to the event.
- You must use cheap novelty prizes only (think Red Dot, Reject Shop etc.) Your total spend on prizes MUST be less than $200.
- No single prize is to have a greater value than the ticket price for your show.
- Bingo cannot be the only ‘substantial inducement’ to attend your event. We fulfill this clause by putting on a full show including; running Air Guitar Comps, Biggest Bogan Competition and other activities, and if you are running things like a raffle and/or a silent auction, it also helps to fulfill this clause by offering other ‘Substantial Inducements’ for punters to attend.
NOTE: If you are applying for a temporary liquor license through the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries the assessing officer may ask you whether you have also applied for a Bingo/Gaming permit, or advise you that a permit is needed.